Notice regarding pending class action settlement affecting users of the Town of Kernersville, North Carolina’s sanitary sewer system
Fasano v. Town of Kernersville and the Winston-Salem – Forsyth County City/County Utilities Commission
(Forsyth County, No. 16 CVS 2801)
- A $12.3 million settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit about whether the Town of Kernersville (“Kernersville”) and the Winston-Salem – Forsyth County City/County Utilities Commission (“CCUC”) overcharged users of Kernersville’s sewer system from July 1, 2012 to August 1, 2016. The settlement resolves litigation over whether the overcharges violated federal and state law. Kernersville and the CCUC are called “Defendants” on this website.
- Se ha llegado a un acuerdo en una demanda colectiva sobre los sobrecargos por tarifas de alcantarillado desde el 1 de julio de 2012 hasta el 1 de agosto de 2016 en Kernersville. Se realizarán reembolsos a los clientes elegibles del sistema de alcantarillado. Para obtener una copia en español de este Aviso, visite aquí o llame al 1 (888) 292-1832 para obtener información adicional.
- You may be eligible to receive refunds of overcharges, with interest, as part of the settlement.
- The settlement is subject to approval by the North Carolina Superior Court, Forsyth County. Refunds will be provided to eligible participants only if the Court approves the settlement. You may participate in the Court’s proceedings regarding approval of the settlement, as explained in the Notice available on this website.
- If you are an eligible Class Member and the Court approves the settlement, then you will receive a refund without the need to take any additional action.
- Your rights with respect to the settlement, and the actions you can take, are explained in the Notice. Please read the Notice carefully. You may also check this website for updates and further details, or call 1 (888) 292-1832.